The government of India has announced a change in the guidelines for international arrivals in view of the New Covid-19 Variant. These changes are in effect from 01st December 2021. We are working on updating this blog. In the meantime, if you have any query please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
There could be no better news than that made by the Indian government of resumption of issuing of tourist visas to seekers of India’s enigma, lure, legacy, splendours and nuances that go on to make India a unique travel destination. The Indian government has now considerably relaxed the Entry Protocols To India. However, it is important to bear in mind the rules and measures that international tourists arriving in India need to be aware of. We are here to take away all your worries by providing you as below the complete step by step Rules and Measures in place for International Tourists Arriving in India.
Arrival Protocols For Various Categories Of Travellers:
1 . Physical distancing should be ensured when deplaning.
2. Thermal screening of all passengers by the health officials at the airport.
3. The self-declaration form filled online prior to departure shall be presented to the airport health staff.
4. Symptomatic passengers detected during the thermal screening shall be immediately isolated and taken to medical facility as per health protocol. If tested positive, their contacts shall be identified and managed as per laid down protocol.
5. Travellers from specified Countries at risk [See Image 01] will follow the protocol as detailed below:
Image 01 - Travellers from specified Countries at risk (Category B)
Image 02 - India has mutual acceptance of WHO approved COVID-19 vaccines (Category A)
5a.i. If fully vaccinated*: They shall be allowed to leave the airport and shall self-monitor their health for 14 days’ post arrival.
5a.ii. If partially/not vaccinated: The travellers need to undertake the following measures:
5b. If travellers are coming from a Country specified as ‘Country At Risk’ , but, the country is excluded from the Category A list of countries (See Image 02 Above) , they would be required to undergo the measures as mentioned in paragraph 5a (ii) above, irrespective of their COVID-19 vaccination status.
6. Travellers from Countries excluding those Countries at risk, will be allowed to leave the airport. They shall self-monitor their health for 14 days’ post arrival. This is applicable to travellers from all Countries EXCEPT for the ones that are listed under Countries at risk, but , NOT notified under Category A of countries.
Countries Eligible For E-Visa
7. If Travellers under home quarantine or self-health monitoring, develop signs and symptoms suggestive of COVID-19 or test positive for COVID-19 on re-testing, they will immediately self- isolate and report to their nearest health facility or call National helpline number (1075) State Helpline Number.
8. International travellers arriving at seaports/land ports will also have to undergo the same protocol as mentioned above, except that facility for the pre departure online registration for such passengers is currently unavailable . Such travellers shall submit the self-declaration form to the concerned authorities of Government of India at seaports/land ports on arrival.
9. Important Notes;
i . 15 days must have elapsed since completion of COVID-19 vaccination schedule including the receiving of the booster shot .
ii. Contacts of the suspected/ symptomatic passengers are the co-passengers seated in the same row, 3 rows in front and 3 rows behind along with identified Cabin Crew. Also, all the community contacts of those travellers who have tested positive (during home quarantine period) would be subjected to quarantine for 14 days and tested as per ICMR protocol.
10. Our vehicles and drivers would maintain strict Covid protocol. The vehicle would be sanitised each day and have excellent as well as fresh upholstery. The driver would be wearing a face mask. Hand sanitizers would be sprayed each time you board the car.
11. Hotels too would observe COVID protocols in terms of check in and check out facilities , sanitation of rooms and guest baggage as well as seating at restaurants . We will also have a dedicated relationship executive for each of our guests. The person can be reached out if anyone develops COVID related symptoms.
12. Regular body temperature checks would be performed on drivers, representatives and guides.
All that you need to do is to will yourself to a tour to India and brace yourself for an o credible love affair that would go straight to your heart and stir the soul. On our part we will be constantly updating this blog with the latest India Travel Protocols coming from the Government of India. So, please do keep an eye on this space.
Excited about coming to India? We are as excited as you and shall be sharing comprehensive Pre-departure information you need to bear in mind before applying for the Indian tourist Visa so that you are fully prepared for a hassle free India tour experience. The procedures are simple and we are there with you every step of the way to guide you through an incredible India vacation.